Frequently Asked Questions
- What is required for Quick Pole to run?
- What software technologies does Quick Pole use?
- What is the Target Market for Quick Pole?
- What makes Quick Pole different?
- Quick Pole is complaining that it doesn't have an Internet connection, but I can browse the Internet fine.
Quick Pole can run on any 64 bit version of Windows (other than Windows 8) that has at least 2.0GB of RAM. Performance will be best however on computers with at least 8GB of RAM. .
Java extensively, of course, so that it can run anywhere. Java is bundled with Quick Pole as part of the installation process. This version will only be used by Quick Pole and will not interfere with anything else on your computer. It also uses Web Services to communicate with our Server over the Internet for software updates, database updates, plus license validation. This works over the same Internet ports as your Browser, so no special firewall rules are required.
Quick Pole's focus is to serve Local Power Distribution Utilities, Communication companies, Railway companies and the Military with:
- Joint Use Pole Lines
- Power Distribution Only LInes
- Non-Joint Use Communication Pole Lines
- Railway Pole Lines
- Military Power and Communication Pole Lines
Quick Pole is not focussed on long-haul long-span Power Transmission Lines, even though some of the same required capability will be present. Urban and non-urban Power/Communication Distribution Lines typically have spans less than 100 meters. This is not a restriction, just a statement of what project types where Sonideft will seek to optimize the User experience. Of particular focus is helping companies deal with Third Party Attachment Applications, assessing the Make Ready requirements including the amount of pole capacity used (%utilization).
From a geographic perspective, Quick Pole is focussed on serving the needs of users in both Canada and the USA.
Sonideft has spent considerable effort to ensure that the loads assumed to be applied to the pole(s) are as accurate as possible. Since the tensions, weights and wind forces from wire/messenger attachments are the most significant of all loads on a pole, we accurately modeled these with Nonlinear Sags and Tensions to within 1 or 2 percent of what leading programs would suggest. Looking at other software products in the same market today, most other tools either assume wires/messengers don't stretch permanently (only elastically at a fixed rate), or they assume that a wire's tension is the same all along a pole line, even if the span lengths vary considerably. These other software products can significantly mis-represent the true attachment loads that should be applied to the pole.
Quick Pole is complaining that it doesn't have an Internet connection, but I can browse the Internet fine.
Most complaints of this kind are due to a local filter or Internet proxy on the user's computer. If present you will need to ensure that www.quickpole.ca is permitted to get through.
Internet connectivity is required every once in awhile to ensure you have all the
latest product updates and Sonideft-managed database changes. All Internet traffic
uses TCP/IP port 80 for Web Services, the same one used when browsing web with Internet
Explorer, for instance. If you can access the Internet, Quick Pole should be able
to use your connection. If necessary, Quick Pole may ask for your Proxy Server Settings
used by your corporate LAN or your computer if it encounters difficulty during startup.
Quick Pole recognizes the following means of connecting to the Internet:
- Possibly in conjunction with any option below - Local Proxy Server and/or Firewall on your computer. Simply authorize the Quick Pole application to access the Internet
when it tries.
- Direct connectivity to the Internet using standard means such as DSL, Fibre, Cable
Modem with either public or private IP schemes. Quick Pole has no difficulty with
- Proxy Server on Corporate LAN via:
- Quick Pole works on major corporate LANs that use auto-configuration scripts (.pac files) or fixed proxy server settings. Quick Pole can inspect the auto-configuration scripts that you computer is setup to execute for access to the Internet. If for some reason that this does not work (rare), you can always enter your proxy server manually into Quick Pole.
- First time installations can be troublesome if Quick Pole cannot automatically determine the proper Proxy Settings to use. After it is installed, you can easily access the Dialog to change these settings, but not before. The process to go through for troubles after the First Install are as follows:
- Find your computer's Internet Options Dialog either through your browser or Control Panel. Go to the Connections Tab and press the LAN Settings Button. Your trouble is assumed to be Quick Pole not reading your organization's automatic configuration script. Copy the web address for the configuration script by mouse clicking in the field and then keying CTRL-A to select all text and then CTRL-C to copy the text to your clipboard.
- Go to your web browser and paste this address (CTRL-V) into the address bar and hit ENTER. This should show the contents of the script that is normaly run before your computer accesses the Internet. Scroll to the bottom and look for a line that tells your computer what proxy server (IP address or web address) to use to access the Internet. Sometimes there is more than one listed in case the first one is busy. Copy the first one, or another of your choice, by highlighting and keying CTRL-C.
- Go back to your LAN Setting dialog, unselect "Use automatic configuration script" and paste CTRL-V into the manual settings for the proxy server address. You will need to put the port used (usually 8080) into the separate field for that purpose.
- Press OK and close out those dialogs.
- Re-start Quick Pole so that it can initialize for the first time. After startup, enter any license key you have via Help->License Manager.
- Go to Tools->Options and enter the proxy server settings for Quick Pole to use. This ensures Quick Pole can startup again properly.
- Open your Internet Options Dialog again, Connections Tab and LAN Settings button as before. Reset your settings to what they were previously.
- Send Sonideft the web address for your automatic configuration script so that we can adjust Quick Pole to work better in detecting the proxy server.
- Restart Quick Pole to ensure that everything still works properly.
Other complaints are rare, but if they occur you should go to Help -> Report Issue and send us a copy of the log file for further analysis.