Line Design Analysis
As a service to our customers and to those who have a thirst for knowledge, Sonideft is posting content from various authors that cover topics important to Line Design Analysis. Sonideft takes no responsibility for any of this content, even if some of the authors are affiliated with Sonideft. The authors are individuals who are entitled to and have an abundance of opinion. You should be aware that some author comments deal with design advice and their perspective based on their knowledge, training and experience. Sonideft does not warrant this information or guidance to be complete or accurate. However we do hope that you find value in the Author's contribution. If you are interested in becoming an author for a topic, or have any comments based on the posted content, please forward them directly to Sonideft. If there is sufficient interest, Sonideft could establish a Forum to discuss the articles.
- Coordinate Systems. Specific to the coordinate systems used within Quick Pole, but a good base to help understand any advanced Line Design Software Tool.
- Sags and Tension of Power Conductors, Communication Wires and Self-Supporting Cables. Of all the Structural and Clearance considerations of Line Design, Sags and Tensions are THE MOST SIGNIFICANT aspect of Line design that needs to be well understood and calculated properly. This is a must read.
- What is Non-linear Analysis ? How the loads influence the stresses and deflection of the pole structure and its supports (guys...) is most accurately handled using a technique called Non-linear Analysis.
- What Pole Data is used in Quick Pole. There are differences in how poles are defined in Canada and the USA. Read more about how Quick Pole addresses these.
- A Discussion about Due Diligence for Engineers. This article discusses typical due dilgence considerations often addressed in Pole Line Design.
- A Suggested Code Compliance Framework for any Pole Line Design Software. This article suggests a generic framework for a supplier or user to evaluate their own Pole Line Design Software.
This page is continuously under construction. Please check back later.